Saturday, August 1, 2009

Right from the Runway

I love when celebs put their own twist on a runway piece. I always find it fascinating how the same dress can look totally differently depending on the accessories. And the competitors are...
Natalie Portman
I didn't really like this dress so much when I saw it on Natalie because I felt like the ruffles were falling flat and the dark purse stuck out too much against the bold red. The dress seems much more full and voluminous on the model. Plus, her deep chocolate skintone is absolute perfection for this ruby shade.

Jennifer Lopez
I love this dress so much! The one shoulder trend works on everyone. My favorite part of the dress is definitely the thick beaded neckline. So simple yet bold! I've got to say, I believe that J.Lo takes the cake for this one because of the stunning chunky necklace she chose. I am a sucker for costume jewelry! :)

Katie Holmes
This one was a tough call. I prefer Katie's color shoes over the model's but I am in love with the model's deep cranberry lip. I'm not sure if it is the lighting but the model's dress seems more gold than Katie's.

Nicole Richie

This dress is one of my favorite maxi dresses that Nicole has worn. I think Nicole's loose waves are much cuter than the tight bun. Being the accessory fanatic that I am, Nicole is the winner for me because of her matching gold bangles and sweet clutch.

Sarah Jessica Parker


This Balmain number didn't hit a high note with the press. I, however, think it is amazing! I'm not sure if the tights would be my choice, I think the model looks more chic. I don't like SJP's pointed silver heels because I think they are too shiny and compete with the dress. I love the chunky heels of the model because they contrast the delicate beading.

No comments: